Newcastle Jesmond Hotel
We provide the most luxurious services
As one of our valued guests (hereinafter “you”), it is always a pleasure to welcome you to our hotel. Our first priority is to offer you an exceptional stay and experience. We recognise that privacy is part of your expectations as a guest. We are committed to protecting your privacy, integrity and security of the personal information we hold about our customers and those who make contact with us.
This policy does not address the collection, use, or disclosure of information by third parties. Newcastle Jesmond hotel may collect personal data from you, meaning information that identifies you as an individual or from which you may be identified. For example we may collect: contact information, such as your name, mailing address, email address and telephone number: credit card number or other payment account number, billing address, and other payment and billing information: records and copies of your correspondence if you contact us: information necessary to fulfil special requests e.g. health conditions that require specific accommodation: guests stay information, date of arrival and departure, and goods and services purchased: information collected through the use of closed-circuit television systems, card key and other security systems. We may collect personal information: through our website: through reservation and call centres: through social media and brand channels (e.g. Facebook, Twitter): from licensed hotels or other third parties.
We may also combine personal data we collect with publicly available personal data and personal data we receive from others or cross-reference with others. The collection and use of personal data, whether separately or combined, is done in accordance with and for the purposes described in this policy. Our website may also use a website recording service which may record mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms. Data collected by the service is used to improve our website usability will stop the information collected is stored and is used for aggregated and statistical reporting, and is not shared with anybody else.
If you voluntarily share ”Sensitive Personal Data” (e.g., personal data related to your health, racial or ethnic origins, political opinions, religious or similar beliefs, membership of a trade union our professional association, physical or mental health or condition, genetic data, sexual life or judicial data, with us, that information may be used to provide a better experience and meet your particular needs. For example, if you voluntarily convey a health-related need to ask, we may store and use that information in order for a licensed hotel to provide a room with appropriate amenities.
How we use the personal information we collect
Newcastle Jesmond hotel collects Personal Data about guests, visitors to the site, and others, so that we can provide an experience that is responsive to the needs of such individuals. We may collect, use and disclose Personal Data for one or more of the following purposes:
- Fulfilment of reservation or information requests: to fulfil your request such as completing a credit card transaction or booking a reservation at our hotel.
- Administrators and other communications: to send you important information regarding this site, changes to our terms, conditions and policies or other administrative information e.g. information about your reservation, such as reservation confirmations.
- Customer care: to track, process and respond to customer care enquiries and to enhance and improve the customer’s experience.
- Internal business purposes: such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing the site, improving our services, identifying usage trends and visiting patterns, determining the effectiveness of our promotions, and meeting contractual obligations.
- Emails to friends: to permit you to forward information about our products, services and hotel to another individual, such as a friend or co-worker. If you wish to use this feature, you may be required to provide to us, and we may use, the applicable individual’s name and email address to facilitate your sending of such messages to such individual (and any Personal Data such as your name and email address – provided in connection with sending such information, will be disclosed to such individual). By using this functionality, you affirm that you are entitled to use and to provide to was the recipient’s name and email address for this purpose. We will not seek to use the applicable individuals Personal Data for any purpose other 2 to allow the email to be sent, unless we disclose such other purpose to you at the time that you provide such Personal Data to was, or unless we have separately collected such Personal Data through other means.
How we share and disclose personal information
Third-party service providers: Newcastle Jesmond hotel relies on numerous third-party service providers to provide certain products and services on our behalf, including reservation services, credit card/payment processing and billing, IT services, customer care, email delivery services, communication and delivery of promotional and marketing materials via email and direct mail, administering guest surveys and promotions, administration, data analysis, and other similar services. We may share your Personal Data for the purpose of enabling these third parties to provide such services or is otherwise necessary for the ongoing operation of Newcastle Jesmond hotel business. Some of these third-party service providers may be located overseas and in particular outside the UK/EEA. When we do outsource the processing of your Personal Data to 3rd parties or provide your personal data to third-party service providers, will require those third parties to protect your Personal Data with reasonable security measures and to limit their use only to the purposes for which we have disclosed it to them.
Assignment: in the event of any reorganisation, merger, saying, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of Newcastle Jesmond hotel business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), we may transfer any and all information that we collect pursuant to this policy. Any successor, a signee or transferee may use your Personal Data as described in this policy.
Law enforcement; Emergencies; Compliance:
We may disclose your Personal Data:
- when we have reason to believe that it is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against persons or entities that may be causing injury to you, Newcastle Jesmond hotel, or others.
- when we believe that applicable law or regulation requires it
- as mandated by subpoena, court order, or legal process
- to establish or exercise our legal rights, defend against legal claims, or protect our operations
- to protect the rights, privacy, safety, or property of Newcastle Jesmond hotel, you, or others
Controller of your Personal Data
Newcastle Jesmond hotel is registered with the information Commissioner’s office. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act we are a data controller. Non Personal Information. Newcastle Jesmond hotel may also collect Non – Personal information meaning aggregated and/or anonymized information, demographic information, and any other information that does not reveal your specific identity.
As you navigate our website, we and our service providers may collect certain nonpersonal information such as your computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, OS version, Internet browser, and Internet browser version using automatic data collection technologies, such as cookies and other similar technologies.
Your IP address is a number that your Internet service provider automatically assigns to the computer that you are using to access the site. This number is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever users visit the site, along with the time of each visit and the pages that were visited. Collecting IP address as is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating site users levels, helping diagnose server problems, validation of a legitimate user session via Google and administering site. Please note that we treat IP addresses, server log files, and related information as non personal information except when we are required to do so otherwise under applicable law.
Because the security of your Personal Data is important to us, we have implemented security measures that provide reasonable precautions against the unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of Personal Data.
We limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
The Personal Data we collect from you online is stored by us and/or our service providers and protected through a combination of physical and electronic access controls, firewall technology, and other reasonably security measures. Nevertheless, such security measures cannot prevent or loss, access, misuse, or alteration of Personal Data, and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, we are not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to such incidents. Where required by law, we will notify you of any such loss, access, misuse, or alteration of your Personal Data that may affect you, so that you can take the appropriate action to protect your rights.
Please do not send as your payment information are Sensitive Personal That through email or any on designated area (e.g. submission of your credit card number in a comment field). If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (e.g. if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the alleged problem by contacting our hotel manager. Please note that, if you choose to notify us via physical mail, this will delay the time it takes for us to respond to the alleged problem.
You may always choose what Personal Data (if any) you wish to provide to us. However, if you choose not to provide certain details some of your experiences with us may be affected, for example, we cannot take a reservation without a name, and if we cannot disclose your Personal Data, we may be unable to provide you with all or certain reservation services or other services.
If you do not wish for us to use your contact information to promote our own or third-party products or services you can opt out by contacting our hotel manager.
We are entitled to assume you do not object to are doing any of the things mentioned in the statement, unless you tell us otherwise in writing or in any other approved manner. However, please allow up to one month for us to process all data regarding your privacy choices. Opting out does not apply to service messages such as booking confirmation emails and statements.
If you do not opt out, in all future contact with you by phone or email, we will give you the opportunity to decline to receive further mailings. Except where expressly permitted by the Data Protection Act, we will only deal with the personal details you give us a set out above unless you agree otherwise. Y
ou are generally entitled to ask us (by letter or email) what details of yours are being held or processed, for what purpose and to whom they may be or have been disclosed. We promise to respond to your request within 40 days of receiving your written request. If you believe that any of your personal details which we are processing are inaccurate or incorrect please contact the hotel manager immediately.
When making a subject access request, please be sure to include your full name, address and telephone number and a copy of a document evidencing your identity (such as an ID card or passport) so we can ascertain your identity and whether we have any Personal Data regarding you, or in case we need to contact you to obtain any additional information, we may require to make that determination.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data. We will take all reasonable steps to destroy, or raise from assistance, all the personal information we hold about you when it is no longer required.
Your right to access your personal information and your other rights
You have the right under data protection laws in relation to your personal data as follows:
- to request access to your personal data (commonly known as data subject access request). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it
- to request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us to request a razor of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. It also enables you to request that we delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised a right to object to processing, where we may have processed your information unlawfully, of where we are required to raise your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request operator for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request to object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. To request restriction of processing your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following situations: if you want us to establish the date as accuracy, where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to raise it, where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as he needed to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims, or you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it
- to request transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this rite only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use of where we use the information to perform a contract with you
- to withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact the Hotel manager. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in those circumstances.
If you wish to exercise any of those rights we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to request to speed up our response.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links are enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
How to contact us
Newcastle Jesmond Hotel, 105 Osborne Road, Jesmond, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 2TA
EMAIL US: email@example.com